You loved Netflix‘s The Mitchells vs. The machines film? Odds are, given that audiences and critics alike enjoyed it. Now, there is so much more to love given that the movie will be released in physical format on Blu-ray, not only loaded with extras, but with a “Katie Mitchell” movie cut that makes the movie 40 minutes more extensive.
That’s a pretty valid reason to buy a copy, despite the regular movie streaming for free on Netflix (well, assuming you have a Netflix subscription, of course). But all the extras listed include even more news. Mitchells material in addition to the standard comment track. They include:
• Expanded Movie Edition of Katie’s Bonanza! Prepare to witness the director’s cut of Katie, an expanded version of the original film with over 40 minutes of deleted scenes.
• Dog Cop 7: The Final Chapter: Katie Mitchell is back and creating the funniest movie of her young career–Take a look at a new mini movie, Dog Cop 7: The Final Chapter. In a world where the holidays are being haunted by the candy cane kidnapper, there is only one dog with the skills to solve the case.
• 8 bonus scenes: Get more Mitchells with more than 20 minutes of deleted and extended scenes.
• Commentary from the filmmakers
However, this not all. The Blu-ray Special Edition also comes with these extras, only they will also be available on the DVD and digital versions of the film.
• Katie’s Cabinet of Forgotten Wonders: Take an inside look at the Katie Mitchell movie making process as she gives you an exclusive look at how the movie was made.
- Trailer for “Dumb Robots”
- The original Mitchells Story release
- The Furby scene: how? Why?
- The world of PAL
• The Mitchells vs. The machines: Or how a group of passionate weirdos made a great animated movie: Enter the history of The Mitchells vs. the Machines And meet a group of first-time filmmakers and a talented cast who came together to take the collective risk of making a unique, original, and totally off the beaten path film about an epic, world-saving, everyday family!
• How to make sock puppets: Katie Mitchell opens the door to her film school. Learn how to make sock puppets that could be extras in your next short film!
• How to make cupcakes with Katie’s face: Enjoy making cupcakes that only a mother could love.
The Mitchells vs. The machines is about a self-described movie-obsessed freak named Katie (Abbi Jacobson) who can’t relate to her unplugged dad (Danny McBride) and vice versa. But when the whole family takes a road trip to drop Katie off at college, they become the only humans not captured by the robot uprising and they have to save the world. The film was produced by Phil Lord and Chris Miller of Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse fame, and was directed by Gravity Falls‘Mike Rianda and Jeff Rowe, which is arguably the best pedigree you can get for an American animated family comedy film.
The Mitchells vs. The machines It will be available on Blu-ray, DVD and digitally on December 14. If you want to try before you buy, the movie is currently streaming on Netflix.
Wondering where our RSS feed went? You can take the new one here.