Spotify launched its lyrics feature to all of its users, free and paid, globally on Thursday. This previously long-awaited product feature was available only in some great corners of the world. Now your entire listener base benefits.
Spotify mocked the news on social media the previous day.
As the dominant culture has shifted to broadcasting, Spotify has become the world’s dominant service. But while access to song lyrics was a common feature of rival streaming services, most Spotify users would have to abandon their app to find the words to the tune they were listening to. In the past, the feature was only available within the Spotify app in India, Latin America, and Southeast Asia.
Now, with the global launch of Lyrics on Thursday, Spotify listeners everywhere will be able to sing along with ease.
The lyrics will be available on Apple and Android mobile devices, desktop computers, smart TV platforms (including Android TV, Fire TV, Samsung, Roku, LG, Sky, and Comcast), and game consoles (including PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Xbox One).
We’ll show you how to roll out the cool new feature on various platforms.
How to find Spotify lyrics on mobile
If you are playing music through the Spotify mobile app, here is what to do:
1. Open Spotify. Make sure to install the latest update if you haven’t already.
2. Tap on the Playing now bar at the bottom of the screen.
3. Scroll down on the Playing now card to see the letter at the bottom of the screen on your own card. The lyrics will scroll along with the song.
4. There is also a Plus in the upper right corner of the letter card, which opens the card so you can scroll through the letters.
You can also share specific lyrics of that song on social media by tapping the Share at the bottom of the letter card and highlighting the letters to share on the platform of your choice.
If you updated the app and still don’t see the lyrics card, try logging into your account on the desktop. During our tests, the card was not displayed on mobile until we logged into the desktop application.
How to Find Spotify Lyrics on Desktop
To find the lyrics of a song that is playing on the Spotify desktop app, simply click on the microphone icon on the Playing now Pub. This will display the lyrics.
How to Find Spotify Song Lyrics on TV
If you have Spotify on your TV, you are just a few steps away from the lyrics:
1. Select the letters button in the lower right corner of the Playing now view.
2. Please select Show lyrics to enable lyrics.
3. Once they are lit, you will see letters on the Playing now view by default. You can choose Hide lyrics to turn them off.
For more tips on streaming music, seeand .